Family and Friends Services: Washington Sate Department of Corrections

Find the information you need on these subjects:
  • How do I talk on the telephone with the offender?
  • How do I send mail to the offender?
  • How do I send packages to the offender?
  • How do I send money or funds to the offender?
  • How do I prepare for a visit with children?
  • How do I visit with the offender at the prison?
  • How do I send an emergency message?

Washington State DSHS

Resources for Children and Families Dealing with Incarceration
Services: Provides a list of services available at DSHS and from other agencies and groups to provide support and help families meet their needs.

WCCW Family Council

Washington Correction Center for Women
9601 Bujacich Road NW, Gig Harbor, WA, 98332-0017
Services: Encourages and supports visiting/communication and the role it plays in successful reintegration back into the community. The council sponsors events and publishing the WCCW Visitor’s Voice - a newsletter to assist families with issues such as visitation and communication.
**Link to Family Council contacts for each prison in Washington State:

Parenting Resources

1. American Academy of Pediatrics presents a wide variety of information including growth and development, safety, nutrition, working parents and childcare.

2. To ensure that children have what they need to succeed, communities and individuals must invest early,share, play, encourage, explore and communicate.

Alternative Solutions | Division of Child Support | DSHS

The Alternative Solutions Program is a statewide initiative within the Division of Child Support (DCS) aimed at helping parents toward self-sufficiency.
At DCS we put great value on the noncustodial parent’s role in our communities and with their families. While most parents pay their child support, others have trouble meeting their responsibility. Our well-rounded approach to child support services works as a bridge between community groups and the people they help; dealing with issues such as joblessness, housing, medical, legal issues, and transition from jail and prison. The Alternative Solutions Program links parents with government and community groups to increase their ability to get a job and be financially stable.
When you take part in the Alternative Solutions Program your case worker will work with you to create an action plan for you that could:
• Work with local partners that can help with finding a job, training, housing, food, medical and legal resources,
• Help lower your monthly DCS payments or state-owed debt.
• Help with license suspension and other case actions.
With a database of over 3,500 community resources in the state, we can connect you to the services you need.
To learn more about our program, read through our brochures for community partners and parents. If you think that you, or someone you are working with, may be a good fit for our program, email us at or give us a call at 360-664-5028.